Saturday, June 14, 2008

Weber Haus.

After emailing back and forth and making a few calls, I'm proud that we've got Weber Haus Cachaça as our house cachaça, replacing 51. Now I just need to get a cocktail that shows it off. I'm thinking of a loquat caparinhia or something of the sort. I want to do something with loquats, and the flavors seem like they'd play off each other well.

From wikipedia: "A type of loquat syrup is used in Chinese medicine for soothing the throat like a cough drop. Combined with other ingredients and known as pipa gao (枇杷膏; pinyin: pípágāo; literally "loquat paste"), it acts as a demulcent and an expectorant, as well as to soothe the digestive and respiratory systems. Loquats can also be used to make wine."

Maybe I'll make my way up to ChinaTown and try to get some of that.

No comments: